Aromas reveal a complex blend of citrus notes, including lemon zest and apricot, as well as hints of other stone fruits and dried herbs.
On the palate, the flavor is rich and velvety, with a creamy lemon and Meyer lemon bar taste that transforms into a whipped key-lime finish.
This vineyard was planted with old Mondavi clones in 1975 and is some of the oldest vines in Chiles Valley. It is quadrilateral trellising and a Northeast/Southwest row orientation to maximize the sun’s dappling rays on the fruit.
The grapes were picked at first light to maximize the intensity of esters and freshness. When brought to the winery, the whole cluster was crushed and 85% was fermented in stainless steel while the other 15% was fermented in neutral French oak barrels. None of the wine went through malolactic fermentation. It was blended, and aged in stainless steel for five months before bottling.